- •Suicidal ideation is increased in Parkinson's disease.
- •Suicidal ideation has a multi-factorial origin in Parkinson's disease.
- •Perceived disability plays has a key role in parkinsonian suicidal ideation.
Abbreviations:C-SSRS (Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale), FAB (Frontal Assessment Battery), H&Y (Hoehn and Yahr scale), IDPS (Italian Perceived Disability Scale), LEDDs (levodopa-equivalent daily dose), MoCA (Montreal Cognitive Assessment), MDS (UPDRS), Movement Disorder Society-sponsored revision of the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (NMSS), Non-Motor Symptoms assessment scale for Parkinson's disease (PD:Parkinson's disease)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Suicidal and death ideation in Parkinson's disease.Mov. Disord. 2008; 23: 1573-1579
- Suicidal ideation in Parkinson's disease.CNS Spectr. 2009; 14: 431-436
- Increased suicide risk and clinical correlates of suicide among patients with Parkinson's disease.Parkinsonism Relat. Disord. 2016; 32: 102-107
- Non-motor features of Parkinson disease.Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 2017; 18: 435-450
- Cerebral causes and consequences of parkinsonian resting tremor: a tale of two circuits?.Brain. 2012; 135: 3206-3226
- National Institute for clinical excellence, non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's disease: diagnosis and management.Lancet Neurol. 2006; 5: 235-245
- Suicide and suicidal ideation in Parkinson's disease.J. Neurol. Sci. 2010; 289: 40-43
- The association between physical illness/medical conditions and suicide risk.in: The International Handbook of Suicide Prevention. Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester2016: 133-148
- EFNS/MDS-ES/ENS recommendations for the diagnosis of Parkinson's disease.Eur. J. Neurol. 2013; 20: 16-34
- MDS clinical diagnostic criteria for Parkinson's disease.Mov. Disord. 2015; 30: 1591-1601
- Members of the MDS Rating Scales Review Committee, Global scales for cognitive screening in Parkinson's disease: Critique and recommendations.Mov. Disord. 2018; 33: 208-218
- The frontal assessment battery as a tool for evaluation of frontal lobe dysfunction in patients with Parkinson disease.J. Geriatr. Psychiatry Neurol. 2012; 25: 71-77
- Validity of the MoCA and MMSE in the detection of MCI and dementia in Parkinson.Neurology. 2009; 73: 1738-1745
- Sensitivity and specificity of addenbrooke's cognitive examination, mattis dementia rating scale, frontal assessment battery and mini mental state examination for diagnosing dementia in Parkinson's disease.Parkinsonism Relat. Disord. 2012; 18: 553-556
- Parkinsonism: onset, progression and mortality.Neurology. 1967; 17: 427-442
- MDS-UPDRS Italian validation study group, validation of the Italian version of the movement disorder society – unified Parkinson's disease rating scale.Neurol. Sci. 2013; 34: 683-687
- How to identify tremor dominant and postural instability/gait difficulty groups with the movement disorder society unified Parkinson's disease rating scale: comparison with the unified Parkinson's disease rating scale.Mov. Disord. 2013; 28: 668-670
- The metric properties of a novel non-motor symptoms scale for Parkinson's disease: results from an international pilot study.Mov. Disord. 2007; 15: 1901-1911
- The Columbia–Suicide Severity Rating Scale: initial validity and internal consistency findings from three multisite studies with adolescents and adults.Am. J. Psychiatry. 2011; 168: 1266-1277
- The validation of the Italian Perceived Disability Scale (IPDS) in chronic daily headache sufferers.J. Headache Pain. 2009; 10: 21-26
- Suicide in Parkinson's disease.Mov. Disord. Clin. Pract. 2018; 5: 177-182
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J. Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Comprehensive Textbook of Suicidology.Guilford Press, New York2000
- Medical illness and suicide.in: Blumenthal S.J. Kupfer D.J. Suicide over the Life Cycle: Risk Factors, Assessment, and Treatment of Suicidal Patients. 1991: 205-232 (Washington)
- Suicidal feelings in the general population: a prevalence study.Br. J. Psychiatry. 1974; 124: 460-469
- Common myths in the use of levodopa in Parkinson disease. When clinical trials misinform clinical practice.JAMA Neurol. 2017; 74: 633-634
- Clinical criteria for subtyping Parkinson's disease: biomarkers and longitudinal progression.Brain. 2017; 140: 1959-1976
- Risk factors for suicide in later life.Soc. Biol. Psychiatry. 2002; 52: 193-204
- Depression and disability in Parkinson's disease: a follow-up of 132 cases.Psychol. Med. 1988; 18: 49-55
- Overattachment and perceived disability in chronic migraineurs.Clin. Neurol. Neurosurg. 2013; 115: 954-958
- The communication of suicidal intentions: a meta-analysis.Psychol. Med. 2016; 46: 2239-2253
- Medical illness and the risk of suicide in the elderly.Arch. Intern. Med. 2004; 164: 1179-1184