- •Tear fluid is an easily accessible biomaterial.
- •Parkinson's disease patients have reduced run lengths indicative of dry eye syndrome.
- •Disease-specific changes in tear proteome are found in Parkinson's disease patients.
- •Proteins predominantly involved in immune response and lipid metabolism are altered.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Accuracy of clinical diagnosis of idiopathic Parkinson's disease: a clinico-pathological study of 100 cases.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 1992; 55: 181-184
- Parkinson's disease biomarkers: where are we and where do we go next?.Mov. Disord. Clin. Pract. 2017; 4: 796-805
- The nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson's disease-An overview.Mov. Disord. 2010; 25: S123-S130
- Lacrimation in Parkinson's disease.Clin. Neuropharmacol. 1994; 17: 89-91
- Tear osmolarity, break-up time and schirmer's scores in Parkinson's disease.Türk Oftalmoloji Dergisi. 2015; 45: 142-145
- Schrimer test in Parkinson's disease.J. Korean Med. Sci. 1994; 9: 239-242
- Tear film tests in Parkinson's disease patients.Ophthalmology. 2005; 112: 1795.e1-1795.e8
- Lewy pathology in the submandibular gland of individuals with incidental Lewy body disease and sporadic Parkinson's disease.Acta Neuropathol. 2010; 119: 703-713
- Tear levels of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in patients with Parkinson's disease.Neurosci. Lett. 2013; 553: 63-67
- Changes in the chemical barrier composition of tears in alzheimer's disease reveal potential tear diagnostic biomarkers.PLoS One. 2016; 11: e0158000
- Analysis of the effects of preservative-free tafluprost on the tear proteome.Am. J. Transl. Res. 2016; 8: 4025
- Evaluation of Corneal Parameters in Patients with Parkinson's Disease.Neurological Sciences, 2016
- α-Synuclein in cutaneous autonomic nerves.Neurology. 2013; 81: 1604-1610
- In-depth analysis of the human tear proteome.Journal of Proteomics. 2012; 75: 3877-3885
- Impression cytology of the ocular surface.Br. J. Ophthalmol. 2005; 89: 1655-1659
- The Analysis of Human Conjunctival Epithelium Proteome in Ocular Surface Diseases Using Impression Cytology and 2D-DIGE.Experimental Eye Research, 2017
- Apolipoprotein D expression in substantia nigra of Parkinson disease.Histol. Histopathol. 2006; 21: 361-366
- Association of paraoxonase 1 gene polymorphisms with risk of Parkinson's disease: a meta-analysis.J. Hum. Genet. 2004; 49: 474-481
- α-2-Macroglobulin: a physiological guardian.J. Cell. Physiol. 2013; 228: 1665-1675
- Alpha-2 macroglobulin I1000 V polymorphism in Chinese sporadic Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.Neurosci. Lett. 2002; 328: 195-197
- The interleukin 1 alpha, interleukin 1 beta, interleukin 6 and alpha-2-macroglobulin serum levels in patients with early or late onset Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment or Parkinson's disease.J. Neuroimmunol. 2015; 283: 50-57
- Differential sialylation of serpin A1 in the early diagnosis of Parkinson's disease dementia.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e48783
- Profilin-1 mutations are rare in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia.Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener. 2013; 14: 463-469
- Abnormal protein profiles in tears with dry eye syndrome.Am. J. Ophthalmol. 2003; 136: 291-299
- Clusterin CSF levels in differential diagnosis of neurodegenerative disorders.J. Neurol. Sci. Feb. 2016; 361: 117-121
- Mass spectrometry-based proteomic analyses in contact lens-related dry eye.Cornea. Dec. 2009; 28: 1109-1117
- Effects of pooling samples on the performance of classification algorithms: a comparative study.ScientificWorldJournal. 2012; (2012): 278352
- To pool or not to pool, from whether to when: applications of pooling to biospecimens subject to a limit of detection.Paediatr. Perinat. Epidemiol. 2008; 22: 486-496
- Proteomics analysis of human tears from aqueous-deficient and evaporative dry eye patients.Sci. Rep. 2016; 6: 29629