- •Few studies tried to objectively quantify functional tremor in the home environment.
- •We found a considerable level of objective tremor duration in functional tremor.
- •Subjective symptom burden was similar in functional and organic tremor patients.
- •Objective and subjective tremor symptoms had a similar association in both groups.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Psychogenic movement disorders.Continuum. 2013; 19: 1383-1396
- Impaired sense of agency in functional movement disorders: an fMRI study.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0172502
- Neurobiology of functional (psychogenic) movement disorders.Curr. Opin. Neurol. 2013; 26: 442-447
- Believing is perceiving: mismatch between self-report and actigraphy in psychogenic tremor.Brain. 2012; 135: 117-123
- New actigraph for long-term tremor recording.Mov. Disord. 2006; 21: 1136-1143
- Psychogenic dystonia.Adv. Neurol. 1988; 50: 431-455
- Functional (psychogenic) movement disorders associated with normal scores in psychological questionnaires: a case control study.J. Psychosom. Res. 2015; 79: 190-194
- Impact of psychogenic movement disorders versus Parkinson's on disability, quality of life, and psychopathology.Mov. Disord. 2007; 22: 2204-2209
- Non-pharmacological interventions for somatoform disorders and medically unexplained physical symptoms (MUPS) in adults.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD011142.pub2
- Phenomenology and psychopathology related to psychogenic movement disorders.Adv. Neurol. 1995; 65: 231-257
- A simplified version of the psychogenic movement disorders rating scale: the simplified functional movement disorders rating scale (S-FMDRS).Mov. Disord. Clin. Pract. 2017; 4: 710-716
- Assessment of interrater and intrarater reliability of the Fahn-Tolosa-Marin Tremor Rating Scale in essential tremor.Mov. Disord. 2007; 22: 833-838
- The general self-efficacy scale: multicultural validation studies.J. Psychol. 2005; 139: 439-457
- ECDEU assessment manual for psychopharmacology.in: Rockville, Md. : U.S. Dept. Of Health, Education, and Welfare, Public Health Service, Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health Administration. National Institute of Mental Health, Psychopharmacology Research Branch, Division of Extramural Research Programs, 1976
- The Mini-International Neuropsychiatric Interview (M.I.N.I.): the development and validation of a structured diagnostic psychiatric interview for DSM-IV and ICD-10.J. Clin. Psychiatr. 1998; 59: 22-57
- The MINI-International Neuropsychiatric Interview. A brief structured diagnostic psychiatric interview for DSM-IV en ICD-10 psychiatric disorders.Tijdschr Psychiatr. 2007; 49: 393-397
- Tremor detection using parametric and non-parametric spectral estimation methods: a comparison with clinical assessment.PLoS One. 2016; 11: 1-16
- A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing [Computer Software].R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2018
- Amelia II: a program for missing data.J. Stat. Softw. 2011; 45: 1-47
- Dealing with missing data.Res. Lett. Inf. Math. Sci. 2002; 3: 153-160
- Fitting linear mixed-effects models using lme4.J. Stat. Softw. 2015; 67: 1-48
- Time-frequency analysis of tremors.Brain. 1998; : 2127-2134
- Clinical neurophysiology of psychogenic movement disorders: how to diagnose psychogenic tremor and myoclonus.Neurophysiol. Clin. 2014; 44: 417-424
- Psychogenic movement disorders.Neurol. Clin. 2009; 27 (vii): 801-819
- Tremor task force of the international Parkinson and movement disorder society, consensus statement on the classification of tremors. From the task force on tremor of the international Parkinson and movement disorder society.Mov. Disord. 2018; 33: 75-87
- How typical are “typical” tremor characteristics? Sensitivity and specificity of five tremor phenomena.Park. Relat. Disord. 2016; 30: 23-28
- More time with tremor: the experience of essential tremor versus Parkinson's disease patients.Mov. Disord. Clin. Pract. 2016; 3: 36-42
- The symptom perception hypothesis revised: depression and anxiety play different roles in concurrent and retrospective physical symptom reporting.J. Personal. Soc. Psychol. 2011; 100: 182-195
- Trick or treat? Showing patients with functional (psychogenic) motor symptoms their physical signs.Neurology. 2012; 79: 282-284
- Phenotype-specific diagnosis of functional (psychogenic) movement disorders.Curr. Neurol. Neurosci. Rep. 2015; 15