- •CSF levels of 12 cytokines were higher in MSA (n = 39) vs. PD + controls (n = 19 & 15).
- •Younger age and increasing CSF levels of MCP-3 and MDC were MSA predictors in adjusted models.
- •CSF levels of fractalkine and MIP-1α correlated with UMSARS-2 scores.
- •CSF levels of these cytokines might be diagnostic or severity MSA biomarkers.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Multiple-system atrophy.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 372: 249-263
- α-Synuclein and tau concentrations in cerebrospinal fluid of patients presenting with parkinsonism: a cohort study.Lancet Neurol. 2011; 10: 230-240
- Development of a biochemical diagnosis of Parkinson disease by detection of α-synuclein misfolded aggregates in cerebrospinal fluid.JAMA Neurol. 2017; 74: 163-172
- Blood-based NfL: a biomarker for differential diagnosis of parkinsonian disorder.Neurology. 2017; 74: 930-937
- Cerebrospinal fluid levels of neurofilament light chain in multiple system atrophy relative to Parkinson's disease: a meta-analysis.Neurol. Sci. 2017; 38: 407-414
- Serum levels of coenzyme Q10 in patients with multiple system Atrophy.PLoS One. 2016; 11: e0147574
- Plasma coenzyme Q10 levels in patients with multiple system atrophy.JAMA Neurol. 2016; 73: 977-980
- Cerebrospinal fluid levels of coenzyme Q10 are reduced in multiple system atrophy.Park. Relat. Disord. 2018; 46: 16-23
- Serum interleukin (IL-2, IL-10, IL-6, IL-4), TNFalpha, and INFgamma concentrations are elevated in patients with atypical and idiopathic parkinsonism.Neurosci. Lett. 2008; 441: 158-162
- Proinflammatory cytokines are elevated in serum of patients with multiple system atrophy.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e62354
- Early strong intrathecal inflammation in cerebellar type multiple system atrophy by cerebrospinal fluid cytokine/chemokine profiles: a case control study.J. Neuroinflammation. 2017; 14: 89
- Second consensus statement on the diagnosis of multiple system atrophy.Neurology. 2008; 71: 670-676
- Cerebrospinal tau, phospho-tau, and beta-amyloid and neuropsychological functions in Parkinson's disease.Mov. Disord. 2009; 24: 2203-2210
- Multiple system Atrophy study group. Development and validation of the unified multiple system Atrophy rating Scale (UMSARS).Mov. Disord. 2004; 19: 1391-1402
- Members of the UPDRS development committee, unified Parkinson's disease rating Scale.in: Fahn S. Marsden C.D. Calne D.B. Lieberman A. Recent Developments in Parkinson's Disease. McMillan Health Care Information, Florham Park, NJ1987: 153-163
- onset, progression, and mortality Parkinsonism: onset, progression, and mortality.Neurology. 1967; 17: 427-442
- Force overflow and levodopa-induced dyskinesias in Parkinson's disease.Brain. 2002; 125: 871-879
- Controlling the false discovery rate: a practical and powerful approach to multiple testing.J. R. Stat. Soc. Ser. B. 1995; 57: 289-300
- Microglial activation mediates neurodegeneration related to oligodendroglial alpha-synucleinopathy: implications for multiple system atrophy.Mov. Disord. 2007; 22: 2196-2203
- The beta-chemokines CCL2 and CCL7 are two novel differentiation factors for midbrain dopaminergic precursors and neurons.Exp. Cell Res. 2008; 314: 2123-2130
- CCL22 regulates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by controlling inflammatory macrophage accumulation and effector function.J. Leukoc. Biol. 2011; 89: 93-104
- Balancing the immune response in the brain: IL-10 and its regulation.J. Neuroinflammation. 2016; 13: 297
- Circulating interleukin-10 and interleukin-12 in Parkinson's disease.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2009; 119: 332-337
- Levels of anti-inflammatory cytokines and neurological worsening in acute ischemic stroke.Stroke. 2003; 34: 671-675
- Regulation of alpha-synuclein by bFGF in cultured ventral midbrain dopaminergic neurons.J. Neurochem. 2003; 84: 803-813
- Fibroblast growth factor-2-producing fibroblasts protect the nigrostriatal dopaminergic system from 6-hydroxydopamine.Brain Res. 2000; 883: 192-204
- Serum inflammatory profile for the discrimination of clinical subtypes in Parkinson's disease.Front. Neurol. 2018; 9: 1123
- Fractalkine in the nervous system: neuroprotective or neurotoxic molecule?.Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2015; 1351: 141-148
- Control of microglial neurotoxicity by the fractalkine receptor.Nat. Neurosci. 2006; 9: 917-924
- The soluble isoform of CX3CL1 is necessary for neuroprotection in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease.J. Neurosci. 2012; 32: 14592-14601
- CX3CL1 reduces neurotoxicity and microglial activation in a rat model of Parkinson's disease.J. Neuroinflammation. 2011; 8: 9
- Cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers for Parkinson disease diagnosis and progression.Ann. Neurol. 2011; 69: 570-580
- CSF neurofilament light chain but not FLT3 ligand discriminates parkinsonian disorders.Front. Neurol. 2015; 6: 91
- Flt3 ligand does not differentiate between Parkinsonian disorders.Mov. Disord. 2014; 29: 1319-1322
- Progressive striatonigral degeneration in a transgenic mouse model of multiple system atrophy: translational implications for interventional therapies.Acta Neuropathol. Commun. 2018; 6: 2