- •The most common complications were falls, off-periods, speech and swallowing problems, and autonomic and psychiatric complications, fatigue and dementia.
- •Despite moderate doses of levodopa only 7% had moderate to severe dyskinesia.
- •Disability was predominantly influenced by motor severity, overall bradykinesia and axial features but also speech impairment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Variation in recent onset Parkinson's disease: implications for prodromal detection.J. Parkinsons Dis. 2016; 6: 289-300
- Baseline prevalence and longitudinal evolution of non-motor symptoms in early Parkinson's disease: the PPMI cohort.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2018; 89: 78-88
- Progression of tremor in early stages of Parkinson's disease: a clinical and neuroimaging study.Brain. 2018; 141: 811-821
- Tracking Parkinson's: study design and baseline patient data.J. Parkinsons Dis. 2015; 5: 947-959
- Hallucinations in Parkinson's disease: prevalence, phenomenology and risk factors.Brain : J. Neurol. 2000; 123: 733-745
- Late-stage Parkinson's disease: the barcelona and Lisbon cohort.J. Neurol. 2010; 257: 1524-1532
- Motor profile and drug treatment of nursing home residents with Parkinson's disease.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 2012; 60: 2277-2282
- Study protocol: care of Late-Stage Parkinsonism (CLaSP): a longitudinal cohort study.BMC Neurol. 2018; 18: 185
- Schwab E.A.J. RS Projection Technique for Evaluating Surgery in Parkinson's Disease. E & S Livingstone, Edinburgh1969
- Accuracy of clinical diagnosis of idiopathic Parkinson's disease: a clinico-pathological study of 100 cases.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatr. 1992; 55: 181-184
- Members of the UPDRS Development Committee.in: Fahn S. Marsden C.D. Calne D.B. Goldstein M. Recent Developments in Parkinson's Disease. 2. Macmillan Health Care Information, Florham Park, NJ1987: 293-304 (pp 15 3-163)
- Movement disorder society-sponsored revision of the unified Parkinson's disease rating scale (MDS-UPDRS): process, format, and clinimetric testing plan, movement disorders.Off. J. Movement Disorder Soc. 2007; 22: 41-47
- Unified Parkinson's disease rating scale characteristics and structure. The cooperative multicentric group.Mov. Disord. 1994; 9: 76-83
- Parkinsonism: onset, progression and mortality.Neurology. 1967; 17: 427-442
- The metric properties of a novel non-motor symptoms scale for Parkinson's disease: results from an international pilot study, Movement disorders.Off. J. Movement Disorder Soc. 2007; 22: 1901-1911
- "Mini-mental state". A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician.J. Psychiatr. Res. 1975; 12: 189-198
- Diagnostic procedures for Parkinson's disease dementia: recommendations from the movement disorder society task force, Movement disorders.Off. J. Movement Disorder Soc. 2007; 22: 2314-2324
- Systematic review of levodopa dose equivalency reporting in Parkinson's disease, Movement disorders.Off. J. Movement Disorder Soc. 2010; 25: 2649-2653
- Underrepresentation of women in Parkinson's disease trials, Movement disorders.Off. J. Movement Disorder Soc. 2018; 33: 1825-1826
- What are the most important nonmotor symptoms in patients with Parkinson's disease and are we missing them?.Mov. Disord. 2010; 25: 2493-2500
- Non-motor symptoms burden in treated and untreated early Parkinson's disease patients: argument for non-motor subtypes.Eur. J. Neurol. 2015; 22: 1145-1150
- Characterizing advanced Parkinson's disease: OBSERVE-PD observational study results of 2615 patients.BMC Neurol. 2019; 19: 50
- Safety of levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel treatment in patients with advanced Parkinson's disease receiving >/=2000 mg daily dose of levodopa.Parkinson's Dis. 2020; 2020: 9716317
- A randomized trial of deep-brain stimulation for Parkinson's disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 2006; 355: 896-908
- Motor and cognitive outcome in patients with Parkinson's disease 8 years after subthalamic implants.Brain. 2010; 133: 2664-2676
- Motor subtype changes in early Parkinson's disease.Park. Relat. Disord. 2017; 43: 67-72
- Cerebral causes and consequences of parkinsonian resting tremor: a tale of two circuits?.Brain. 2012; 135: 3206-3226
- Impulse control and related behaviors in Parkinson's disease with dementia.Eur. J. Neurol. 2020; 27: 944-950
- Review of the therapeutic management of Parkinson's disease. Report of a joint task force of the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS) and the Movement Disorder Society-European Section (MDS-ES). Part II: late (complicated) Parkinson's disease.Eur. J. Neurol. 2006; 13: 1186-1202
- Non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's disease: dopaminergic pathophysiology and treatment.Lancet Neurol. 2009; 8: 464-474
- Experiences of health services and unmet care needs of people with late-stage Parkinson's in England: a qualitative study.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0226916
- Perspectives on Parkinson disease care in Dutch nursing homes.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2014; 15: 732-737
- The Parkinson pandemic-A call to action.JAMA Neurol. 2018; 75: 9-10