- •We performed a matched cohort study for the mortality in Parkinson's disease (PD).
- •We evaluated the effects of socioeconomic status on the mortality in PD.
- •The PD cohort's mortality rate was 2.5 times higher than the comparison cohort.
- •Low income level and medical aid were associated with increased mortality in PD.
- •Medical aid was associated with mortality only in PD with female or aged 60–79 years.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The long-term direct and indirect economic burden among Parkinson's disease caregivers in the United States.Mov. Disord. 2019; 34: 236-245
- MDS clinical diagnostic criteria for Parkinson's disease.Mov. Disord. 2015; 30: 1591-1601
- Short- and long-term cost and utilization of health care resources in Parkinson's disease in the UK.Mov. Disord. 2018; 33: 974-981
- Survival and cause of death in a cohort of patients with parkinsonism: possible clues to aetiology?.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatr. 1995; 58: 293-299
- Causes of death in a community-based study of Parkinson's disease.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2001; 103: 7-11
- Survival in Parkinson disease: thirteen-year follow-up of the DATATOP cohort.Neurology. 2005; 64: 87-93
- Mortality in Parkinson's disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Mov. Disord. 2014; 29: 1615-1622
- Parkinson's disease and risk of mortality: meta-analysis and systematic review.Acta Neurol. Scand. 2014; 129: 71-79
- Early predictors of mortality in parkinsonism and Parkinson disease: a population-based study.Neurology. 2018; 91: e2045-e2056
- Overall and disease related mortality in Parkinson's disease - a longitudinal cohort study.J. Parkinsons Dis. 2019; 9: 767-774
- Mortality from Parkinson's disease in China: findings from a ten-year follow up study in Shanghai.Park. Relat. Disord. 2018; 55: 75-80
- Socioeconomic status in relation to Parkinson's disease risk and mortality: a population-based prospective study.Medicine. 2016; 95: e4337
- Socioeconomic inequalities in health in 22 European countries.N. Engl. J. Med. 2008; 358: 2468-2481
- Association of socioeconomic status with ischemic stroke survival.Stroke. 2019; 50: 3400-3407
- Effects of socioeconomic status on alzheimer disease mortality in Taiwan.Am. J. Geriatr. Psychiatr. 2020; 28: 205-216
- Cross-level interaction between individual socioeconomic status and regional deprivation on overall survival after onset of ischemic stroke: national health insurance cohort sample data from 2002 to 2013.J. Epidemiol. 2017; 27: 381-388
- Neighborhood socioeconomic disadvantage and mortality after stroke.Neurology. 2013; 80: 520-527
- Quantification of risk factors for cervical ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament in Korean populations: a nationwide population-based Case-control study.Spine. 2019; 44: E957-e964
- Retinal artery occlusion and the risk of stroke development: twelve-year nationwide cohort study.Stroke. 2016; 47: 376-382
- Cohort study of cervical ossification of posterior longitudinal ligament in a Korean populations: demographics of prevalence, surgical treatment, and disability.Clin. Neurol. Neurosurg. 2018; 166: 4-9
- The relevance of the Lewy body to the pathogenesis of idiopathic Parkinson's disease.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatr. 1988; 51: 745-752
- Association between mortality risk and the number, location, and sequence of subsequent fractures in the elderly.Osteoporosis International : a Journal Established as Result of Cooperation between the. European Foundation for Osteoporosis and the National Osteoporosis Foundation of the USA, 2020
- Hip fracture, mortality risk, and cause of death over two decades.Osteoporos. Int. :. 2016; 27: 2945-2953
- Neighbourhood deprivation and health: does it affect us all equally?.Int. J. Epidemiol. 2003; 32: 357-366
- Socioeconomic disparities and mortality after a diagnosis of dementia: results from a nationwide registry linkage study.Am. J. Epidemol. 2016; 184: 219-226
- Cognitive lifestyle and long-term risk of dementia and survival after diagnosis in a multicenter population-based cohort.Am. J. Epidemol. 2011; 173: 1004-1012
- Disparities in breast cancer survival by socioeconomic status despite medicare and medicaid insurance.Milbank Q. 2018; 96: 706-754
- Gender differences in the associations between health and neighbourhood environment.Soc. Sci. Med. 1982; 60 (2005): 1681-1692
- Sex-specific association between neighborhood characteristics and dementia: the Three-City cohort, Alzheimer's & dementia.the journal of the Alzheimer's Association. 2018; 14: 473-482
- Neighbourhood chronic stress and gender inequalities in hypertension among Canadian adults: a multilevel analysis.J. Epidemiol. Community Health. 2010; 64: 705-713
- Socioeconomic status and mortality among the elderly: findings from four US communities.Am. J. Epidemol. 2002; 155: 520-533
- The relation between socioeconomic status and short-term mortality after acute myocardial infarction persists in the elderly: results from a nationwide study.EJE (Eur. J. Epidemiol.). 2012; 27: 605-613
- The modifying effect of age on survival in Parkinson's disease: a population-based cohort study.Neuroepidemiology. 2019; 53: 13-19