- •Tremor-dominant PD and ET have high cerebello-thalamo-cortical connectivity.
- •PD is associated with low frontal cortico-subcortical structural connectivity.
- •No correlation between tremor severity and connectivity was found in PD or ET.
Abbreviations:MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), T1w (T1-weighted), T2w (T2-weighted), DWI (diffusion-weighted imaging), HC (healthy controls), PD (Parkinson's disease), PD-TD (tremor-dominant Parkinson's disease), PD-nonTD (Parkinson's disease without tremor), ET (essential tremor)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Neural synchrony and the development of cortical networks.Trends Cognit. Sci. 2010; 14 (Feb 1): 72-80
- Tremor: pathophysiology.Park. Relat. Disord. 2014; 20: S118-S122
- Consensus statement on the classification of tremors. From the task force on tremor of the international Parkinson and movement disorder society.Mov. Disord. 2018; 33: 75-87
- Clinical correlates of action tremor in Parkinson disease.Arch. Neurol. 2001; 58: 1630-1634
- Clinical criteria for subtyping Parkinson's disease: biomarkers and longitudinal progression.Brain. 2017; 140: 1959-1976
- Parkinson's disease tremor: pathophysiology.Park. Relat. Disord. 2012; 18: S85-S86
- Differential pattern of cerebellar atrophy in tremor-predominant and akinetic/rigidity-predominant Parkinson's disease.Cerebellum. 2017; 16: 623-628
- Influence of regional iron on the motor impairments of Parkinson's disease: a quantitative susceptibility mapping study.J. Magn. Reson. Imag. 2017; 45: 1335-1342
- Disrupted functional connectivity of basal ganglia across tremor-dominant and akinetic/rigid-dominant Parkinson's disease.Front. Aging Neurosci. 2017; 9: 360
- Serotonergic loss in motor circuitries correlates with severity of action-postural tremor in PD.Neurology. 2013; 80 (May 14): 1850-1855
- Parkinson's disease tremor-related metabolic network: characterization, progression, and treatment effects.Neuroimage. 2011; 54 (Jan 15): 1244-1253
- Linking essential tremor to the cerebellum: physiological evidence.Cerebellum. 2016; 15: 774-780
- The human connectome: a structural description of the human brain.PLoS Comput. Biol. 2005; 1: e42
- MDS clinical diagnostic criteria for Parkinson's disease.Mov. Disord. 2015; 30: 1591-1601
- The minimal preprocessing pipelines for the Human Connectome Project.Neuroimage. 2013; 80: 105-124
- MRtrix3: a fast, flexible and open software framework for medical image processing and visualisation.Neuroimage. 2019; 202: 116137
- A multi-modal parcellation of human cerebral cortex.Nature. 2016; 536: 171-178
- Network-based statistic: identifying differences in brain networks.Neuroimage. 2010; 53: 1197-1207
- Diffusion tensor imaging and beyond.Magn. Reson. Med. 2011; 65: 1532
- Changing views of the pathophysiology of Parkinsonism.Mov. Disord. 2019; 34: 1130-1143
- Essential tremor pathology: neurodegeneration and reorganization of neuronal connections.Nat. Rev. Neurol. 2020; 16 (Feb): 69-83
- Linking essential tremor to the cerebellum—neuroimaging evidence.Cerebellum. 2016; 15 (Jun): 263-275
- Structural connectivity differences in motor network between tremor-dominant and nontremor Parkinson's disease.Hum. Brain Mapp. 2017; 38: 4716-4729
- Diffusion tensor imaging in Parkinson's disease and parkinsonian syndrome: a systematic review.Front. Neurol. 2020; 11: 1091
- Involvement of the cerebellum in Parkinson disease and dementia with Lewy bodies.Ann. Neurol. 2017; 81: 898-903
- Functional changes in the activity of cerebellum and frontostriatal regions during externally and internally timed movement in Parkinson's disease.Brain Res. Bull. 2006; 71: 259-269
- The cerebral oscillatory network of parkinsonian resting tremor.Brain. 2003; 126 (Jan 1): 199-212
- Differential diagnosis of tremor syndromes using MRI relaxometry.Park. Relat. Disord. 2020; 81: 190-193
- Comparison of VIM and STN DBS for Parkinsonian resting and postural/action tremor. Tremor and other hyperkinetic movements.. 2015; 5
- Structural network analysis using diffusion MRI tractography in Parkinson's disease and correlations with motor impairment.Front. Neurol. 2020; 11: 841