- •∼50% clinically diagnosed α-synucleinopathies have constipation vs. controls (27%).
- •Pre-motor onset constipation had the earliest onset in dementia with Lewy bodies.
- •Post-motor onset constipation had the latest onset in Parkinson's disease.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Breteler MMB Epidemiology of Parkinson's disease.Lancet Neurol. 2006; 5: 525-535https://doi.org/10.1016/s1474-4422(06)70471-9
- Prevalence of Parkinson's disease across North America.NPJ Parkinsons Dis. 2018; 4: 21https://doi.org/10.1038/s41531-018-0058-0
- Savica R early-onset parkinsonism and early-onset Parkinson's disease: a population-based study (2010-2015).J. Parkinsons Dis. 2021; https://doi.org/10.3233/JPD-202464
- Rocca WA time trends in the incidence of Parkinson disease.JAMA Neurol. 2016; 73: 981-989https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaneurol.2016.0947
- Rocca WA Incidence and pathology of synucleinopathies and tauopathies related to parkinsonism.JAMA Neurol. 2013; 70: 859-866https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaneurol.2013.114
- Yousuf MS Challenges in diagnosis of young onset Parkinson's disease.J. Neurol. Sci. 2012; 323: 113-116https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2012.08.029
- Bressman SB Diagnosis and referral delay in women with Parkinson's disease.Gend. Med. 2011; 8: 209-217https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genm.2011.05.002
- Friedman A Old-onset Parkinson's disease compared with young-onset disease: clinical differences and similarities.Acta Neurol. Scand. 1994; 89: 258-261https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0404.1994.tb01676.x
- Comparing clinical features of young onset, middle onset and late onset Parkinson's disease.Park. Relat. Disord. 2014; 20: 530-534https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parkreldis.2014.02.013
- Its unique features and their impact on quality of life.Park. Relat. Disord. 2019; 65: 39-48https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parkreldis.2019.06.001
- Environmental risk factors and Parkinson's disease: an umbrella review of meta-analyses.Park. Relat. Disord. 2016; 23: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parkreldis.2015.12.008
- Savica R Clinicopathologic discrepancies in a population-based incidence study of parkinsonism in Olmsted County: 1991-2010.Mov. Disord. 2017; 32: 1439-1446https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.27125