- •Moderate intensity physical activity (MIPA) is associated with better cognition.
- •150 min MIPA (World Health Organization recommendation) is associated with better cognition.
- •Physical activity moderated the relationship between functional connectivity and cognition.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cognitive decline in Parkinson disease.Nat. Rev. Neurol. 2017; 13: 217-231https://doi.org/10.1038/nrneurol.2017.27
- Severity of mild cognitive impairment in early Parkinson's disease contributes to poorer quality of life.Park. Relat. Disord. 2014; 20: 1071-1075https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parkreldis.2014.07.004
- Functional connectivity disruptions correlate with cognitive phenotypes in Parkinson's disease.NeuroImage Clin. 2017; 14: 591-601https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nicl.2017.03.002
- Physical exercise and cognitive performance in the elderly: current perspectives.Clin. Interv. Aging. 2014; 9: 51-62https://doi.org/10.2147/CIA.S39506
- Functional and/or structural brain changes in response to resistance exercises and resistance training lead to cognitive improvements - a systematic review.Eur. Rev. Aging Phys. Act. Off. J. Eur. Group Res. Elder. Phys. Act. 2019; 16: 10https://doi.org/10.1186/s11556-019-0217-2
- The relations between physical activity level, executive function, and white matter microstructure in older adults.J. Phys. Activ. Health. 2021; 18: 1286-1298https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2021-0012
- Interactive effects of physical activity and APOE-ε4 on BOLD semantic memory activation in healthy elders.Neuroimage. 2011; 54: 635-644https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2010.07.070
- Physical activity, inactivity, and sedentary behaviors: definitions and implications in occupational health.Front. Public Health. 2018; 6: 288https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2018.00288
- Changes in moderate intensity physical activity are associated with better cognition in the multilevel intervention for physical activity in retirement communities (MIPARC) study.Am. J. Geriatr. Psychiatr. 2019; 27: 1110-1121https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jagp.2019.04.011
- Moderate-intensity physical activity, hippocampal volume, and memory in older adults with mild cognitive impairment.J. Gerontol. Ser. A. 2015; 70: 480-486https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/glu136
- WHO Guidelines on Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour.World Health Organization, 2020
- A pilot study evaluating the association between physical activity and cognition among individuals with Parkinson's disease.Disabil. Health J. 2018; 11: 165-168https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2017.05.004
- Accuracy of clinical diagnosis of idiopathic Parkinson's disease: a clinico-pathological study of 100 cases.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 1992; 55: 181-184https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp.55.3.181
- PwP, surveys, trials, analysis.
- Modeling physical activity outcomes from wearable monitors.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2012; 44: S50-S60https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3182399dcc
- Best practices for using physical activity monitors in population-based research.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2012; 44: S68-S76https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3182399e5b
- Validation of accelerometer wear and nonwear time classification algorithm.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2011; 43: 357-364https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181ed61a3
- Assessment of physical activity using wearable monitors: recommendations for monitor calibration and use in the field.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2012; 44: S1-S4https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3182399b7e
- Move More; Sit Less, Cent. Dis. Control Prev. 2022;
- Intensity, but not duration, of physical activities is related to cognitive function.Eur. J. Cardiovasc. Prev. Rehabil. Off. J. Eur. Soc. Cardiol. Work. Groups Epidemiol. Prev. Card. Rehabil. Exerc. Physiol. 2007; 14: 825-830https://doi.org/10.1097/HJR.0b013e3282ef995b
- Automatic parcellation of human cortical gyri and sulci using standard anatomical nomenclature.Neuroimage. 2010; 53: 1-15https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2010.06.010
- Whole brain segmentation: automated labeling of neuroanatomical structures in the human brain.Neuron. 2002; 33: 341-355https://doi.org/10.1016/s0896-6273(02)00569-x
- Systematic network lesioning reveals the core white matter scaffold of the human brain.Front. Hum. Neurosci. 2014; 8: 51https://doi.org/10.3389/fnhum.2014.00051
- Circular representation of human cortical networks for subject and population-level connectomic visualization.Neuroimage. 2012; 60: 1340-1351https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2012.01.107
- Machine learning for neuroimaging with scikit-learn.Front. Neuroinf. 2014; 8: 2825-2830https://doi.org/10.3389/fninf.2014.00014
- The use of fast Fourier transform for the estimation of power spectra: a method based on time averaging over short, modified periodograms.IEEE Trans. Audio Electroacoust. 1967; 15: 70-73https://doi.org/10.1109/TAU.1967.1161901
- Lag structure in resting-state fMRI.J. Neurophysiol. 2014; 111: 2374-2391https://doi.org/10.1152/jn.00804.2013
- Parkinson's disease-related network topographies characterized with resting state functional MRI.Hum. Brain Mapp. 2017; 38: 617-630https://doi.org/10.1002/hbm.23260
- Tests of moderation effects: difference in simple slopes versus the interaction.Term. 2013; 39: 9
- Statsmodels: Econometric and Statistical Modeling with Python.Austin, Texas2010: 92-96https://doi.org/10.25080/Majora-92bf1922-011
- Association of levels of physical activity with risk of Parkinson disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Netw. Open. 2018; 1e182421https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.2421
- FOR 2018 physical activity guidelines advisory committee*, physical activity, cognition, and brain outcomes: a review of the 2018 physical activity guidelines.Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2019; 51: 1242-1251https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0000000000001936
- Accelerometer assessed moderate-to-vigorous physical activity and successful ageing: results from the Whitehall II study.Sci. Rep. 2017; 845772https://doi.org/10.1038/srep45772
- Phase I/II randomized trial of aerobic exercise in Parkinson disease in a community setting.Neurology. 2014; 83: 413-425https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000000644
- What is moderate to vigorous exercise intensity?.Front. Physiol. 2021; 12682233https://doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2021.682233
- Physical activity rewires the human brain against neurodegeneration.Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2022; 23: 6223https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms23116223
- Treadmill exercise reverses dendritic spine loss in direct and indirect striatal medium spiny neurons in the 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP) mouse model of Parkinson's disease.Neurobiol. Dis. 2014; 63: 201-209https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nbd.2013.11.017