- •We showed that total and oligomeric α-synuclein in erythrocyte were elevated even in the initial motor stage of PD.
- •We also showed that higher erythrocytic oligomeric α-synuclein levels at baseline predicts a faster clinical decline over time in patients with early PD.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Parkinson's disease.Lancet. 2021; 397: 2284-2303
- Accuracy of clinical diagnosis of Parkinson disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurology. 2016; 86: 566-576
- In-vivo staging of pathology in REM sleep behaviour disorder: a multimodality imaging case-control study.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 618-628
- Neuropathological staging of brain pathology in sporadic Parkinson's disease: separating the wheat from the chaff.J. Parkinsons Dis. 2017; 7: S71-S85
- Mutation in the alpha-synuclein gene identified in families with Parkinson's disease.Science. 1997; 276: 2045-2047
- In vivo distribution of alpha-synuclein in multiple tissues and biofluids in Parkinson disease.Neurology. 2020; 95: e1267-e1284
- Longitudinal analyses of cerebrospinal fluid alpha-Synuclein in prodromal and early Parkinson's disease.Mov. Disord. 2019; 34: 1354-1364
- Erythrocytic alpha-synuclein species for Parkinson's disease diagnosis and the correlations with clinical characteristics.Front. Aging Neurosci. 2022; 14827493
- Feasibility of repeat and bilateral submandibular gland needle biopsies in Parkinson's disease.Park. Relat. Disord. 2019; 68: 69-72
- Association of SNCA variants with alpha-synuclein of gastric and colonic mucosa in Parkinson's disease.Park. Relat. Disord. 2019; 61: 151-155
- Detection of alpha-synuclein oligomers in red blood cells as a potential biomarker of Parkinson's disease.Neurosci. Lett. 2015; 599: 115-119
- Levels of oligomeric alpha-synuclein in red blood cells are elevated in patients with Parkinson's disease and affected by brain alpha-synuclein expression.Int. J. Clin. Exp. Med. 2019; 12: 10470-10477
- Erythrocytic alpha-Synuclein as a potential biomarker for Parkinson's disease.Transl. Neurodegener. 2019; 8: 15
- A user's guide for alpha-synuclein biomarker studies in biological fluids: Perianalytical considerations.Mov. Disord. 2017; 32: 1117-1130
- CSF and blood biomarkers for Parkinson's disease.Lancet Neurol. 2019; 18: 573-586
- Red blood cells are the major source of alpha-synuclein in blood.Neurodegener. Dis. 2008; 5: 55-59
- Eryptosis as a marker of Parkinson's disease.Aging (Albany NY). 2014; 6: 788-819
- Anemia or low hemoglobin levels preceding Parkinson disease: a case-control study.Neurology. 2009; 73: 1381-1387
- GATA transcription factors directly regulate the Parkinson's disease-linked gene alpha-synuclein.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2008; 105: 10907-10912
- A longitudinal study on alpha-synuclein in plasma neuronal exosomes as a biomarker for Parkinson's disease development and progression.Eur. J. Neurol. 2020; 27: 967-974
- The plasma alpha-synuclein levels in patients with Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophy.J. Neural. Transm. (Vienna). 2006; 113: 1435-1439
- Longitudinal change of clinical and biological measures in early Parkinson's disease: Parkinson's progression markers initiative cohort.Mov. Disord. 2018; 33: 771-782