- •There are no published data on the medical costs associated with ET care.
- •Understanding the associated medical costs will help policymakers and researchers.
- •We estimate the average direct medical expenditures attributable to ET.
- •ET beneficiaries have $1068 more annual expenditures relative to comparisons.
- •This aggregates to $1.5 billion to $5.4 billion in additional annual costs for ET.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- How common is essential tremor? Update on the worldwide prevalence of essential tremor.Tremor and other hyperkinetic movements (New York, NY). 2021; 11 (28): 28
- Medicare Part D in 2016 and Trends over Time.2016
- Using Appropriate Price Indices for Analyses of Health Care Expenditures or Income across Multiple Years.2017
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Physician and Other Medical Provider Grouping and Patient Attribution Methodologies: Generating Medicare Physician Quality Performance Measurement Results (GEM) Project. In.
- Validation of a combined comorbidity index.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 1245-1251
- Survey of medication usage patterns among essential tremor patients: movement disorder specialists vs. general neurologists.Park. Relat. Disord. 2010; 16: 604-607
- How many people in the USA have essential tremor? Deriving a population estimate based on epidemiological data.Tremor and other hyperkinetic movements. 2014; 4
- The global prevalence of essential tremor, with emphasis on age and sex: a meta-analysis.J Glob Health. 2021; 1104028
- Conditions associated with essential tremor in veterans: a potential role for chronic stress.Tremor Other Hyperkinet Mov (N Y). 2018; 8: 517
- Multiple comorbidities, psychiatric disorders, healthcare resource utilization and costs among adults with essential tremor: a retrospective observational study in a large US commercially insured and Medicare advantage population.Journal of Health Economics and Outcomes Research. 2022; 9: 37-46
- The current and projected economic burden of Parkinson's disease in the United States.Mov. Disord. 2013; 28: 311-318
- The burden of neurological disease in the United States: a summary report and call to action.Ann. Neurol. 2017; 81: 479-484
- Tremor-related quality of life: a comparison of essential tremor vs. Parkinson's disease patients.Park. Relat. Disord. 2015; 21: 729-735
- The doctors and drugs in Medicare Part D.(Accessed)