- •DBS and SCS have been performed to treat patients with orthostatic tremor.
- •Data on outcome is scarce. To get an overview, a systematic review was conducted.
- •In 32 reported cases who underwent DBS, median stance time at 1 year follow-up improved from 30 s to 240 s.
- •There is insufficient data on SCS to draw any conclusions from, on this therapy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Bilateral ventral intermediate nucleus thalamic deep brain stimulation in orthostatic tremor.Stereotact. Funct. Neurosurg. 2016; 94: 69-74
- Orthostatic tremor is responsive to bilateral thalamic deep brain stimulation: report of two cases performed asleep.Tremor and Other Hyperkinetic Movements. 2018; 8: 1-4
- Natural history and syndromic associations of orthostatic tremor: a review of 41 patients.Mov. Disord. 2004; 19: 788-795
- Associated movement disorders in orthostatic tremor.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2012; 83: 725-729
- Thalamic deep brain stimulation for orthostatic tremor: a multicenter international registry.Mov. Disord. 2017; 32: 1240-1244
- Deep brain stimulation for orthostatic tremor.Neurol. Clin. Pract. 2020; 10: 324-332
- Á. Orthostatic tremor: an update on a rare entity.Tremor and Other Hyperkinetic Movements. 2016; 6: 411
- Thalamic-caudal zona incerta deep brain stimulation for refractory orthostatic tremor: a report of 3 cases.Mov. Disord. Clin. Pract. 2017; 4: 105-110
- Deep brain stimulation of the ventral intermediate nucleus of the thalamus in medically refractory orthostatic tremor: preliminary observations.Mov. Disord. 2008; 23: 2357-2362
- History, applications, and mechanisms of deep brain stimulation.JAMA Neurol. 2013; 70: 163-171
- Long-term follow-up of chronic spinal cord stimulation for medically intractable orthostatic tremor.J. Neurol. 2016; 263: 2224-2228
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.PLoS Med. 2009; 6
- Outcomes from stereotactic surgery for essential tremor.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2019; 90: 474-482
- Thalamic ventral intermediate nucleus deep brain stimulation for orthostatic tremor.Tremor and Other Hyperkinetic Movements. 2017; 7: 1-5
- Primary orthostatic tremor: is deep brain stimulation better than spinal cord stimulation?.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2017; 88: 804-805
- Chronic spinal cord stimulation in medically intractable orthostatic tremor.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2006; 77: 1013-1016
- Tremor habituation to deep brain stimulation: underlying mechanisms and solutions.Mov. Disord. 2019; 34: 1761-1773
- Hardware-related complications of deep brain stimulation: a review of the published literature.Stereotact. Funct. Neurosurg. 2006; 84: 248-251
- DBS of the PSA and the VIM in essential tremor.Neurology. 2018; 91: e543-e550
- Programming deep brain stimulation for tremor and dystonia: the toronto western hospital algorithms.Brain Stimul. 2016; 9: 438-452