- •In early-moderate HD irritability shows a close relationship with cognitive and motor aspects of the disease.
- •Apathy correlates with TFC but not with motor or cognitive variables.
- •Besides apathy, perseveration is a symptom closely related to HD progression.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Huntington's disease: a clinical review.Orphanet J. Rare Dis. 2010; 5: 40https://doi.org/10.1186/1750-1172-5-40
- Diagnostic criteria for Huntington's disease based on natural history.Mov. Disord. 2014; 29: 1335-1341https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.26011
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms in a European Huntington's disease cohort (REGISTRY).J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2014; 85: 1411-1418https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp-2013-307343
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms Are Very Common in Premanifest and Early Stage Huntington's Disease.2016https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parkreldis.2016.02.008
- “All the burden on all the carers”: exploring quality of life with family caregivers of Huntington's disease patients.Qual. Life Res. 2012; 21: 1425-1435https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-011-0062-x
- Predictors of nursing home placement in Huntington's disease.Neurology. 2003 Mar 25; 60: 998-1001https://doi.org/10.1212/01.WNL.0000052992.58107.67
- Observing Huntington's disease: the European Huntington's disease network's REGISTRY.PLoS Curr. 2011; 2: RRN1184https://doi.org/10.1371/currents.rrn1184
- Longitudinal evaluation of neuropsychiatric symptoms in Huntington's disease.J. Neuropsychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2012; 24: 53-60https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.neuropsych.11030057
- Correlates of apathy in Huntington's disease.J. Neuropsychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2010; 22: 287-294https://doi.org/10.1176/jnp.2010.22.3.287
- Comorbidities of obsessive and compulsive symptoms in Huntington disease.Am. J. Psychiatr. 2001; 158: 799-801https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.158.5.799
- Cognitive deficits predict poorer functional capacity in Huntington's disease: but what is being measured?.Neuropsychology. 2015; 29: 268-273https://doi.org/10.1037/neu0000134
- Rate of functional decline in Huntington’s disease.Neurology. 2000; 54: 1-17https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.54.2.45
- Behavioural abnormalities contribute to functional decline in Huntington's disease.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2003; 74: 120-122https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp.74.1.120
- Spanish validation of the problem behaviors assessment–short (PBA-s) for Huntington's disease.J. Neuropsychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2017; 29https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.neuropsych.16020025
- A systematic review of neuropsychiatric symptoms and functional capacity in Huntington's disease.J. Neuropsychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2019; (appi.neuropsych)https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.neuropsych.18120319
- Psychosis and longitudinal outcomes in Huntington disease: the COHORT Study.J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry. 2020; 91: 15-20https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp-2019-320646
- The clinical picture of psychosis in manifest Huntington's disease: a comprehensive analysis of the enroll-HD Database.Front. Neurol. 2018; 9: 1-11https://doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2018.00930
- Anxiety in Huntington's disease.J. Neuropsychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.neuropsych.14100265
- Course of irritability, depression and apathy in Huntington's disease in relation to motor symptoms during a two-year follow-up period.Neurodegener. Dis. 2013; 13: 9-16https://doi.org/10.1159/000343210
- Early-motor phenotype relates to neuropsychiatric and cognitive disorders in Huntington's disease.Mov. Disord. 2020; : 1-8https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.27980
- Predictors of phenotypic progression and disease onset in premanifest and early-stage Huntington's disease in the TRACK-HD study: analysis of 36-month observational data.Lancet Neurol. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(13)70088-7
- Natural history of Huntington disease.JAMA Neurol. 2013; 70: 1520-1530
Enroll -HD: A prospective Registry study in a global Huntington's disease cohort. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01574053, (n.d.) Enroll-HD: A Prospective Registry Study in a Glob.
REGISTRY - an Observational Study of the European Huntington’s Disease Network (EHDN). ClinicalTrials.gov. Identifier: NCT01590589, (n.d.).
- Unified Huntington's disease rating scale: reliability and consistency.Neurology. 2001; 11: 136-142https://doi.org/10.1002/mds.870110204
- Behavioral changes in Huntington disease.Neuropsychiatry Neuropsychol. Behav. Neurol. 2001; 14 (PMID: 11725215): 219-226
- Reliability and factor structure of the short problem behaviors assessment for Huntington's disease (PBA-s) in the TRACK-HD and REGISTRY studies.J. Neuropsychiatry Clin. Neurosci. 2015; 27: 59-64https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.neuropsych.13070169
- Behavioural problems in Huntington's disease using the problem behaviours assessment.Gen. Hosp. Psychiatr. 2008; 30: 155-161https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2007.11.005
- Obsessive-compulsive and perseverative behaviors in Huntington's disease.J. Huntingtons Dis. 2019; 8: 1-7https://doi.org/10.3233/JHD-180335
- Determinants of irritability in Huntington's disease.Acta Neuropsychiatr. 2011; 23: 309-314https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1601-5215.2011.00563.x
- Specific patterns of brain alterations underlie distinct clinical profiles in Huntington's disease.Neuroimage Clin. 2019; 23101900https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nicl.2019.101900
- Behavior in Huntington's disease: dissociating cognition-based and mood-based changes.J. Neuropsychiatr. 2002; 14: 37-43https://doi.org/10.1176/jnp.14.1.37
- Risk factors of suicidal ideation in Huntington's disease: literature review and data from Enroll-HD.J. Neurol. 2018; 265: 2548-2561https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-018-9013-6
- REGISTRY investigators of the European Huntington's Disease Network, Suicidal ideation in a European Huntington's disease population.J. Affect. Disord. 2013; 151 (151): 248-258https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2013.06.001
- Effect of CAG repeat length on psychiatric disorders in Huntington's disease.J. Psychiatr. Res. 2008; 42: 544-549https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychires.2007.05.008
- Genetic risk underlying psychiatric and cognitive symptoms in Huntington's disease.Biol. Psychiatr. 2020; 87: 857-865https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsych.2019.12.010
S. Hentosh, L. Zhu, J. Patino, J.W. Furr, N.P. Rocha, E.F. Stimming, Sex Differences in Huntington's Disease: Evaluating the Enroll-HD Database, (2021). Mov. Disord Clin. Pract., 8: 420-426. https://doi.org/10.1002/mdc3.13178.
- International Guidelines for the Treatment of Huntington ’ S Disease.2019;10(July: 1-18https://doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2019.00710
- Suicidal ideation and suicidal behavior according to the C-SSRS in a European cohort of Huntington's disease gene expansion carriers.J. Affect. Disord. 2018; 228 (Mar 1): 194-204https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2017.11.074